Sunday, January 1, 2017

Day 1, 2017

Hi, it's been *looks at last post* a while...a long while.

I live in Pittsburgh now. That happened in 2015. Pittsburgh is great. I stopped blogging a little before that process began because I was overwhelmed. My meds were all wrong, I had to get my old house ready to sell and had to find a place to live and new doctors and everything in Pittsburgh. It took longer than expected to find a new house, and it took about as long as expected to unload the old house (went into contract on the day we packed up our stuff to move).

I've been diagnosed with Bipolar and OCD now. That doesn't change much, but it changes how I try to manage my thoughts. And it's more of a balancing act to keep my meds correct. Too much help for OCD=hypomanic episodes. Hypomanic could become manic and then turn into paranoid delusions, which would cause the OCD symptoms to get worse, etc. It's such a joy.

Other updates--
In 2016, my poem Covalence was published in the poetry anthology Ardency for Animosity (Kindle version costs less than a dollar, so please check that out)
This past October I attended the World Fantasy Convention in Columbus, OH

In a little over a week I'll be visiting NYC. I'm going to try to blog more in general, but during that time I'll probably be more active on Twitter and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment